Walla Walla Wallow

Hey Party People,

The holiday season is officially here and the year is coming to a close. How many sleeps until Christmas?! How many sleeps until this crazy year is ova? What have you gained? What have you lost? What have you LEARNED?

I’m a reflection nerd and like to take stock of my year as it comes to an end. Reflect upon my successes and failures, my experiences, new family editions, relationships and friendships and I am always amazed at how much happens in just 12 months. I do this every year but this year will be particularly interesting I think.

Has this year felt like it just lasted a few months but also like a freaking decade? Anyone else feeling me on this? Like where did 2020 go? Our worlds were turned upside down, schedules completely wiped clean. The world SHUT DOWN you guys, a GLOBAL pandemic hit our world and rocked us to our core.

So What has this taught us, truly what have we learned? And if you say nothing, dig deeper because there’s no way 2020 left you unchanged. For me I am going to spend some time reflecting on the amazing things that 2020 created…. But for now I’m going to allow myself time to wallow. Wallow hard in all the things that were lost, changed, or taken away during 2020. And today I am giving you permission to do the same.

It might be hard to take stock of all the things that have changed, and all the things that you may have lost, the hard times you went through… but each one of those things, each one of those experiences has the opportunity to teach you something. But first you have to let yourself mourn, be sad and allow all those crappy feels to bubble up. Don’t carry them into next year. Feel and deal now before 2020 comes to an end and leave all those pieces of the past that no longer serve you, here, in this moment.

Shed the past identities you are clinging to.

Disconnect from the people who you’ve outgrown.

Release the should mentality that serves everyone but yourself.

Let go of all the parts of yourself that no longer serve you.

If you’re like me… and I’m sure many of you are…this shit is hard and it hurts and it sucks and its scary because all these things that we are holding onto or that we’ve lost but can’t let go of… are comfortable. They are things we know, even if they suck or aren't what we want, but we hold onto them because its a suck we know. and until we are ready to let them go they will hold us back and hold us down. Do you want to carry the shit from this year, from the year before, from the past decade into 2021? We gotta let go party people... and the first step is to walla walla wallow in it.

Sink into the shit. Write it all down. Entertain every negative thought and allow every grumpy feeling in. Be angry. Be sad. Be frustrated. Be ALL OF THE THINGS YOU NEED TO BE. You may even be surprised that things don’t seem as bad as you make them in your head, or it might surprise you how much you survived this year! So write it all down, get it all out and allow yourself to wallow.

And then when you’re done walla walla wallowing and you can’t even stand yourself anymore, let go. Make the choice to leave 2020 here and get ready for 2021. Let’s GOOOOOOO!

Party Jam time!

YouTube >> Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) – Shakira 

Spotify >>  Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) – Shakira

 (If you feel stuck after reflecting on all the things that “went wrong” this year, know that its ok not to be ok. It’s ok if it lingers a little longer and its ok if you can’t let it go quite yet. But remind yourself that life isn’t happening TO you, its happening FOR you. Be gentle with yourself. Love yourself and always know, you are enough, as you are, right now.)

 With so much gratitude,

-S

 P.S.  Have you heard about my YYC HoliYAYs campaign?! Still not done your Chrsitmas shopping? Follow along, join me in the YYCHoliYAYs by shopping local this year! Check out the evolving YYC HoliYAYs list here!

 

Comments

  1. It is hard to believe this year is coming to a close, it almost feels like a relief to have a new beginning in 2021! I’m also one of those people that likes to reflect back on the road I travelled. What did I see, do, change, accept & learn. This truly has been a changing year for myself but I’m not totally convinced that COVID-19 was my tipping point. I began a journey like no other, that I actually embraced with my whole heart, just before the start of 2020 . I am extremely grateful that I was in a better space in my life when the pandemic arrived. Where I am in my life’s journey it really didn’t have a huge impact how I lived my day to day life. What did impact my life was caregiving & supporting others going through life changing events. I had to make very conscious decisions to feel my feels, sit with them, accept them, forgive myself & love the person I am today❤️ These are my lessons I try to practice, but believe me that when I say 60 years of programming does not go away quite that easy 😉 Being aware is the first step of self dialogue within myself. I’m proud of steps I have travelled this 2020 year & truly want to keep moving forward to find peace & harmony in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I don’t like the litter on my vehicle link to this site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bring the Joy

Another Monday…

That Person in the Mirror