Everyday is a New Year

Hey Hey party People!

2021 has arrived! Hallelujah, everything is better and everything that went wrong last year or was hard is over.

Well, that’s obviously not true… and so I’m curious what does feel different if anything at all. Around every turn there is talk of new year new you, set intentions for the upcoming year, get back on track. How many January challenges have you come across? For me it seems everywhere I turn its about making 2021 a better year than 2020. I believe it doesn’t have to take the new year to make new choices. There is so much pressure at this time of year to be better, well what if you’re not ready. What if life still feels really hard. Its ok not to be ok, and those feelings don’t go away just because the clock struck midnight on December 31st.

So, I’m not here to hit you with new year inspiration to make new choices and make 2021 your year. Instead, I am here to remind you that every day can be a new year. Each day we have the opportunity to make new choices or reach for our goals. Each day we have the opportunity to feel the emotions we have, whether they be sad, anxious, relief, joy, or excitement. Each day is a new day and can lead to a new you, if you want it to, we don’t need the new year to allow us to change.

For me there are many things I want for 2021 and I will, as always, do my year end reflections and intentions for my upcoming year. But it might not happen right now. I am in a different spot this year than previous ones where my brain is still full. I’m still trying to accept and embrace all the changes that I experienced in 2020 and how they impacted me, as Sara. The growth of 2020 has been freaking exponential for me and, it has been scary as hell, and hard AF. I’m giving myself permission to allow this transformation to continue and sink in before I leap forward into my new year.

A New year feels like a natural time to “restart” but how many of you have the intention of doing something new and fail or fall off the wagon after 2 weeks. Give yourself some time to settle into the new year and see what feels right. Its important to set your intentions and goals so we have something to work towards or to look forward to, but this can happen at anytime. If you feel pressured into doing it, do you think your going to feel authentic in your vision, do you think you’ll set yourself up for success, or will you be doing what everyone else is. Doing what everyone else expects of you.

Your life is yours to live and yours to choose, whenever that is for you. Take the pressure off to have 2021 all figured out right now. Breathe and take it one day at a time.

This song got me through the winter break, I hope you find beauty in your flaws too.

YouTube – Sophia Scott - Beauty in the Flaws

Spotify – Sophia Scott - Beauty in the Flaws

 

With so much gratitude,

-S

P.S.  I cannot wait to see what 2021 brings alongside each and every one of you.

Comments

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR SARA, I wish you many blessings in this coming year.

    I believe we have all lived through many lessons this past year and I agree we need to take the time to process each one of them. We require ourselves to be gentle & kind within our own ♥️ As we allow ourselves to feel all that we have been through. I don’t think we have to have all the answers today or even tomorrow, maybe not even this month.
    Life is a journey that requires patients, which is really hard for people that are planners and have to knowers.
    I have travelled a crazy wild road this year of so many uncontrollable situations, that at times it took my breath away “what to do”....
    But for the first time in many many years I feel a sense of calm, contentment in my heart, and excitement in my soul. I feel stronger within myself and have found many missing pieces of who I am.
    I don’t want to plan this year yet either, but I have already taken a few small steps to move forward for myself. Let’s just see where it goes.
    Hope is the only thing stronger than Fear!
    😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Get An Opinion

Find Your Purpose

Bring the Joy