Change the Question

Hey Party People,


Well, it’s a bit of a dreary week here in YYC with cloudy skies and rain. I said to someone today, the rain is here to help water all our trees and flowers so they can burst out and fill our lives with colour! Who else can’t wait for the colours!!
We’ve all heard sayings like there is always sunshine after the rain, or we can’t know joy without true sadness, and it's true. But when we’re living the dark days, or trekking through the storm it's hard to remember that it will get better. What we forget is that we have to keep going. If we simply stop trying we will stay stuck. We’ll stay stuck in the sadness, stuck in the anxiety, stuck in the storm. Now if you need to stay stuck for a while, be stuck, but at some point, if you want more for your life again, you have to take a step. You have to move forward.
I think so many of us are lost and don’t know what the next step is. When our lives get flipped upside down, OF COURSE, we’re going to feel lost, of course, that next step seems impossible to figure out, but you gotta figure it out. You gotta seek a renewed purpose. See my previous post about finding your purpose during these times and to STOP letting COVID run your life.
So today I was chatting with a beautiful friend of mine and like us all its been hard. Things don’t feel the same and she misses what was. Don’t we all. But during our conversation she said to me, “don’t you just wish someone could tell you what to do, just give you a list of what to do next?” Oh, what a TREAT that would be wouldn’t it?! If we knew what the right step was and how to do it and where it would take us. What a fantasy! But….don’t you think it might be just a tad boring knowing all the answers? Right now we feel lost because we don’t know our next step, the same questions swirl around in our heads on the daily. What if instead of asking for the answers to all the same questions, we changed the question.

Instead of asking - What am I supposed to do next? Ask - What can I do now?

Instead of asking – Why is this so hard? Ask – What is this teaching me? 

Instead of asking – When is this going to be over? Ask – What can I do with this time that I couldn’t before? 

Changing the questions you ask yourself can give you your power back. It opens up your mind to a whole other kind of possibility and opportunity to find the answers you're looking for. Maybe that’s all you need to get unstuck and to help you take that next step (first step?!) forward. All that matters is that you just take a damn step.

Remember you are the leader of your own life and what you choose to settle for is exactly what you deserve. Change the questions you keep asking and open your mind to new answers. Maybe that next step won’t seem that hard. And if it still feels impossible find something, someone to latch onto that needs you, and show up for them. Take that step for them.  


Its been a rainy week so here’s a jam well suited. 


I hope you enjoyed todays read! If you like my posts please share with someone else who will enjoy them too! Follow me on social too!  

Instagram: @mssarastepa
Facebook: @SaraStepa

With so much gratitude,

-S

Comments

  1. I have changed my questions & I feel the excitement most days! My journey began before covid, which I am so thankful for���� But this isolation has allowed me to really dive into my passion! I learn things everyday about myself! We have all the answers we need you just have to go within to hear them. Just listen the answers will come♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Get An Opinion

Find Your Purpose

Bring the Joy